Hiroshi Ogawa (Professor)
Born: August 1, 1963, Tokyo, Japan
B.Agr. (Environmental Science), Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology, 1987
M.Agr. (Environmental Science), Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology, 1989
D.Agr. (Environmental Science), Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology, 1992
Postdoctoral Research Fellow of Science and Technology Agency of Japan, National Institute of Environment and Resource, 1992-1993
Research Associate, Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 1993-2001
Visiting Research Scholar, School of Oceanography, University of Washington, U.S.A., 1997
Visiting Research Scholar, Marine Science Institute, University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A., 1997-1998
Associate Professor, Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 2001-2010
Associate Professor, Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 2010
Professor, Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 2019-
- Ogawa, H. and N. Ogura (1992): Comparison of two methods for measuring dissolved organic carbon in seawater, Nature, 356, 696-698.
- Fukuda, R., H. Ogawa, T. Nagata and I. Koike (1998): Direct Determination of Carbon and Nitrogen Contents of Natural Bacterial Assemblages in Marine Environments, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 64, 3352-3358.
- Ogawa, H., R. Fukuda and I. Koike (1999): Vertical distributions of dissolved organic carbon and nitrogen in the Southern Ocean, Deep-Sea Research I, 46, 1809-1826.
- Ogawa, H., Y. Amagai, I. Koike, K. Kaiser and R. Benner (2001): Production of refractory dissolved organic matter by bacteria, Science, 292, 917-920.
- Ogawa, H. and E. Tanoue (2003): Dissolved organic matter in oceanic waters. Journal of Oceanography, 59, 129-147, 2003
- Tanaka, Y., T. Miyajima, I. Koike, T. Hayashibara, H. Ogawa (2007): Imbalanced coral growth between organic tissue and carbonate skeleton caused by nutrients enrichment. Limnology & Oceanography, 52, 1139-1146.
- Hasegawa, T., H. Kasai, T. Ono, A. Tsuda, and H. Ogawa (2010): Dynamics of dissolved and particulate organic matter during the spring bloom in the Oyashio region of the western subarctic Pacific Ocean. Aquatic Microbial Ecology, 60, 127-138.
- Yoshimura T., J. Nishioka, H. Ogawa, K. Kuma, H. Saito, A. Tsuda (2014): Dissolved organ-ic phosphorus production and decomposition during open ocean diatom blooms in the sub-arctic Pacific. Marine Chemistry, 165, 46-54.